Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Living a Christian Life in a non-believing World

How hard is your life?  Do you find yourself trying to live as a true follower of Jesus Christ but being shut down at every turn?
Welcome to the world of sin.
Now I do not wish to sound hard, but when you face deception and heartache at every turn, why do you think that is.
It is summed up in just a short passage from the Book of Ephesians and another from the Book of II Corinthians as followers:


"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  Ephesians 6:12  KJV

" For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
  And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."
II Corinthians 10:3-6  KJV


I have been studying scripture a lot recently, and I have found more truths in The Bible than I realized were there.  I always thought I was smart, but I wasn't studying like I should have.  Now I am finding more and more truth in The Written Word than I knew was there.

So what I wanted to share besides the above is that I know that this has been an uncomfortable last few months with the election..  some words were said in the heat of the battle, and unfortunately some of those words came from we who should know better.
You see it doesn't matter who is in the government running things, but what does matter is that we are praying for them and asking God's guidance in their lives (and ours).  Also keeping in mind that we can not be good Christians if we slander, fight and yell.  For as Christians, we know what the word says, and if we don't, then shame on us.


 

 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;"  1 Timothy 2:1-3 KJV

God has given us so much power and authority by His Word, through the blood of Jesus Christ.  It is time we claimed that power and used it in accordance with the instruction given us in The Word.  Time time is short, the harvest is white and we need to be reaping in these last days.


If these words peak your interest in The Word, and you want to know more, read and study.  If you want to know where, how or why my interest is so great, message me, call me (931-863-3936), write me.. I want to hear from you.

Now keeping in mind these things, remember to:

"....take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness:And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;   And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,"   Ephesians 6:13-19  KJV 

1 comment: