Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Have you checked your heart lately?


Isaiah 29:13-14

New International Version (NIV)


 13 The Lord says:
   “These people come near to me with their mouth
   and honor me with their lips,
   but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
   is based on merely human rules they have been taught.[a]
14 Therefore once more I will astound these people
   with wonder upon wonder;
the wisdom of the wise will perish,
   the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish.”

How do you worship the Lord?  In word only, or in deed, through the works of your hands and heart?

Contemplation:
This morning I sat on the deck, looking at the sky and the animals we have, giving God praise for everything. Then I thought, do I really give God the praise due Him, or do I just praise him with my words?  I began to worry about this, am I like those people in the scripture that only praise with the mouth and not the heart?
Response:
No.  I praise Him from the depths of my heart.

Question:
How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment