Pageviews past week

Monday, September 5, 2011

Come back to your God, your maker, provider, and Savior...


Hosea 4

 1Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
 2By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
 3Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.
 4Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest.
 5Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.
 6My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
 7As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.
 8They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.
 9And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.
 10For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the LORD.
 11Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.

Does this sound familiar, does this remind you of the people of this day.  How we have walked away, no, run away, from our God into the arms of the sins of the world, were we find our own contentment, our own happiness, that is empty of love, mercy and joy.  We are happy for but a moment and then we become bored, and seek more entertainment, which leads to more discontentment.  How long will we search for happiness in the arms of Satan and his pleasures, the pleasure which will condemn us at the judgement seat of the Most Holy God.
But redemption comes in the morning:



Hosea 6

 1Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
 2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
 3Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
 4O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
 5Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
 6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Proverbs 9
10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. 11For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

Philippians 3
 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Let us therefore rejoice in the knowledge of Our Lord and God, let us seek His justice and compassion that He gives to all those who seek Him and follow His paths of righteousness, into Life in Christ Jesus!  AMEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment