Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 12, 2012

SPIRITUAL GROWTH--MY DESIRE

IS IT YOUR DESIRE TO GROW SPIRITUALLY?
  It is mine.
There is only one way to grow spiritually, and that is through prayer, study and putting the principles of God in practice in your life.

I Corinthians 13:11-13 is one place to start to understand spiritual growth.  It says:

11 "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.* "

We can measure our growth by the following:

OUR DESIRE - hunger for God and His Word increases.  We are eager to be with Him (not just in Spirit, but through study of His Word) and share Him and His Word with others.

UNDERSTANDING - seeing life from God's perspective.  Trials and temptations become opportunity for growth. Service for the Lord becomes an honor, not a burden.

SELFLESSNESS -  being submissive to the Lord, able to wait for the Lord. Higher concern for others, than self.  The greatest evidence of maturity is LOVE.  Having the Lord and other people first in our hearts, is when we are more like Jesus.

FAITH  -  HOPE  -  LOVE  (the greatest)*  



No comments:

Post a Comment