Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 26, 2012

THE THREE SOURCES OF TESTING

Our testing can come from three different sources.  One source is the tests sent to us by the lord to test our faith so we can grow spiritually; others are the result of Satan's attacks, and still others are due to our own sinful choices.

Considering that according to the Word of God, we will reap what we sow, (Galatians 6:7), and although we know we will hurt from our actions, we need to take that test we are putting yourself through and work through it.  This trail is the hardest for most of us. When we consider why we did it, we need to turn from doing it again and heal yourself by working through the trial.
I would venture a guess that one trial I go through the most is when I do not plan my finances right and spend more than I should. 

I know in my heart that in order to receive the Lord's blessings, I need to realize my mistakes, correct them, have faith and trust in the Lord that He will take my through this trial again.

 I need to walk in obedience to His word.

When we suffer the pain of going our own way, we are more likely not to take that path again.

God's arrows of affliction are sharp and painful so He can get our attention.  He won't let His beloved children get away with sin because He knows it robs us of blessings, opportunities, and even character refinement.

Although your situation may be painful, thank your heavenly Father that He cares enough to send out His loving discipline.  Now, how will you respond to His warning?  When we learn from experience, the scars of sin can lead us to restoration and a renewed intimacy with God.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment