Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ephesians continued..

This post continues the Letter to the Ephesians, let me restate:
I don't know how many of you have read the Letter to the Ephesians that Paul wrote; but in order to read and study it, I decided to write it as if I was speaking to myself. I do not intend to change what Paul says, or to nullify his words, but to implant it in my mind as a personal witness to my heart of what God has given me as my inheritance through Christ Jesus. Please bare that in mind as you read it. I only hope that it blesses you.

Chapter 2

He has quickened me, I who was dead in trespasses and sins; where in times past I walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that works in the children of disobedience; among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desire of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved me, even when I was dead in sins, hath quickened me together with Christ, (by Grace I am saved);  and has raised me up, and made me to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me through Christ Jesus.
For by Grace I am saved through faith, and that not of myself: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
For I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that I should walk in them.
I will remember, that I being in time past a non-believer, I was at that time without Christ, being an alien from the commonwealth of Israel, and a stranger from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:  but now I am in Christ Jesus, I was far off and am now made close by the blood of Christ.
For He is my peace, who has made all one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us(between God and me); having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of two, one new man, so making peace; and that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached peace to me when I was afar off, and to them that were close.
For through Him we all have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Now there fore I am no more a stranger and foreigner, but a fellow citizen with the saints, and of the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together grows unto a Holy Temple in the Lord: 
In whom I also am built together for a temple (habitation) of God through the Spirit.

that ends chapter 2,
please feel free to comment on what you thought, and how you felt when you read this. I only mean to strengthen my belief and understanding, and help others who are seeking more enlightenment from the word of God.  I will continue to post as I continue to study the things God has gifted to us all as believers. God's blessing on you all, you are continually in my heart and prayers. Amen




 

2 comments:

  1. At times I have done the very same thing...especially when I read a promise. The only thing I watch out for is whether it pertains to New Testament times. I enjoyed the read.
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, the part that really spoke personally to me when I read this was this: even in Paul's time of disbelief, Jesus reached out to him and called him. I, too, once was lost, but my Lord, in His great mercy, came looking for me. I can't imagine where I would be without Jesus or where the church would be today without Paul's letters!
    Blessings to you, and thanks for visiting Meditations of My Heart!

    ReplyDelete