Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Letter to the Ephesians Part 4

This  4th post continues the Letter to the Ephesians Series, let me restate:
I don't know how many of you have read the Letter to the Ephesians that Paul wrote; but in order to read and study it, I decided to write it as if I was speaking to myself. I do not intend to change what Paul says, or to nullify his words, but to implant it in my mind as a personal witness to my heart of what God has given me as my inheritance through Christ Jesus. Please bare that in mind as you read it. I only hope that it blesses you.


Chapter 4
Paul, beseeches me that I walk worthy of the vocation that I was called to, with all lowliness and meekness, with long suffering, forbearing others in love; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as I am called in one hope of my calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ, (my measure being the same as everyone else).  Wherefore Jesus said, when He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?  He that descended is the same that ascended up far above all heavens, that He might fill all things.
And He gave some, apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelists, and some, pastors and teachers: for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ of which I am one.

Till I  come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect (wo)man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: 
That I forever will no more be a child, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.  But speaking the truth in love, may I grow up into Him  in all things, which is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Paul testifies in the Lord, that I from now on should walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, they having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.  But I have not learned that of Christ; I have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is Jesus:  I put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and I am renewed in the spirit of my mind; and I put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So I put away lying, and speak truth  with my neighbor, for we are members one of another.  If I am angry, I will not let the sun go down upon my wrath, neither will I give place to satan. I will not steal, but I will labor with my hands the thing which is good, that I may have to give to him who is in need.

I will let no corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, in that it may minister grace unto the hearers.  I will not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, whereby I am sealed unto the day of redemption.  I will let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour and evil speaking be put away from me, with all malice; and I will be kind to everyone, tenderhearted, forgiving everyone, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven me.



that ends chapter 4,

Please feel free to comment on what you thought, and how you felt when you read this.
Understand that I in no way offer this as another scripture, but just my thoughts on the scripture.
I only mean to strengthen my belief and understanding and help others who are seeking more enlightenment from the word of God. I will continue to post as I continue to study the things God has gifted to us all as believers. God's blessing on you all, you are continually in my heart and prayers. With much love in Christ Jesus, Amen





 

No comments:

Post a Comment